How Can We Help?
How is coaching different than talking with a good friend?
While you may have an exceptional friend to talk with, consider what we may expect from in a professional helping relationship.
A professionally trained coach will…
- Understand your psychological needs and processes for supporting those needs.
- Be prepared to be fully present and focused on you and your topics.
- Have a clear understanding and intention about the purpose of the time together.
- Be reliably consistent in their conduct and skillful in the interaction.
- Be responsible for their own feelings and responses in the relationship.
- Maintain an appropriate blend of empathy and objectivity for your needs and challenges.
While some people may have a friend who functions like this, with a skilled, professional coach there is no question that the coach is there to give you complete and undivided attention the whole time. There is a clear role for the coach’s position and a clear purpose for this conversation – the coach is there to facilitate a process by which you can make progress toward changes that you desire for yourself.
© 2020 – 2022, Admin Mediterra. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mediterra International, LLC and Mediterraconsulting.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.